A recent study by Nielsen found that podcast ads were more effective than digital ads, and it is predicted that U.S. adults will spend more time listening to digital audio than radio.
Looking at ways to network with large investor audiences? Enter the podcast solution: a form of media attracting serious consideration from business people around the globe due to its impressive conversion rates and unparalleled ability to align brands with target audiences.
Podcast popularity is booming—almost 80% of Internet users are tuning in to digital audio at least once a month—and in a multitasking era where people seek to incorporate a dose of human connectivity and new insights while doing various activities, the podcast platform cannot be ignored.
Podcasting’s Edge in Modern Media
- Social media usage seems to have plateaued, but podcasting has continuously been on the rise, with the majority of Americans now saying they have listened to a podcast before.
- Podcasting is a unique format with a traditionally different sensory input—hearing. This audio format allows listeners to multitask while still keeping an active mindset, one ideally primed for engagement with content.
- Specificity of podcast platform allows for critical alignment between brand, mission, and audience. Loyalty is a trademark of the podcast culture, and listeners tune in religiously.
- Alignment creates impressive conversion rates—podcasting is outpacing social media in its effectiveness at reaching target audiences.
- As podcast guests, company representatives are placed in the spotlight, positioned as experts and thought leaders for an extended period of time. The show is edited and saved in perpetuity, whereas traditional interviews afford a much shorter, more transitory, and less striking impact.
- Though rising in popularity prior to the pandemic, podcasting is now becoming an integral part of business and networking communities even as traditional in-person events return. The podcast format offers a tremendous augmentation for conventions, conferences, and events in marketing professional brands to strategic audiences.
- Audiences forge a personal connection to a company or brand that cannot be achieved in a press release or digital ad; this human connectivity encourages brand loyalty and interest as well as retention of content.
- Incredible reach—many podcasts now get 200,000 downloads per episode. With a specific enough audience, even 500 downloads to interested members is comparable to presenting at a conference of similar size.