- Splash Beverage Group Inc. is a portfolio company of successful beverage brands.
- The company’s growth strategy is based on incubating and acquiring brands to drive value through superior production, supply chain efficiency and global distribution capabilities.
- Splash focuses exclusively on brands with pre-existing brand awareness or those that are truly innovative.
- The current brands in the Splash portfolio each have a unique offering that fits into the core values of the company.
- TapouT provides high-performance sports drinks and is an official training partner of the WWE.
- The Splash management team is made up of executives who have been in the beverage industry or worked with sports nutrition for numerous years.
- The global beverage industry was valued at $1.5 trillion in 2018 and is expected to reach $1.9 trillion in 2024, providing ample growth opportunities.
Splash Beverage Group Inc. (NYSE: SBEV) is a portfolio company of successful beverage brands with the objective of driving value through superior production, supply chain efficiency and global distribution capabilities.
Specializing in manufacturing, distributing, sales & marketing of various beverages across multiple channels, the company operates in both the alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage segments, allowing it to leverage efficiencies and dilute risk. The company’s business strategy is to quickly develop and/or accelerate pre-existing brands to exit for cash events. Led by a highly successful management team, the company only works with brands it perceives to have highly visible preexisting brand awareness or pure category innovation, thus breaking through the clutter. Splash seeks out brands offering products that:
- Deliver natural quality, health benefits, freshness and refreshment within their beverages;
- Are on trend with consumers;
- Have a high level of brand awareness;
- Maintain highest performance standards and focus on execution;
- Help distributors and retail partners achieve and exceed all goals; and
- Offer unapologetic support for members of the U.S. armed forces, first responders and health care professionals.
Splash was founded in 2013 and is located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
The current Splash portfolio includes four unique beverage brands. Each of these brands offers one or more of the qualities that the company specifically seeks in an acquisition.
- TapouT Performance is a natural isotonic hydration & recovery sport drink featuring a 3-in-1 advanced formula. TapouT Performance restores what the body loses through physical exertion, delivering hydration and cellular recovery. Perfectly balanced with key vitamins & minerals and all five necessary electrolytes, TapouT increases nutrient absorption, allowing the body to recover quickly and more efficiently. TapouT is the official training partner of the WWE (NYSE: WWE).
- Salt Naturally Flavored Tequila is a 100% blanco agave 80 proof tequila that offers a clean and delicate taste. Salt is grown, distilled and bottled in the Jalisco region of Mexico. Every bottle of Salt Tequila is the result of hard work, determination and numerous blends. The brand offers a line of tequila flavors for enhanced refreshment, including berry, citrus and salted chocolate.
- Copa Di Vino is the leading producer of premium “wine by the glass” in the U.S. Produced in the Columbia Valley, Copa di Vino is readily available on the go without the requirement of a bottle, corkscrew or glass. Open, drink and enjoy.
- Pulpoloco Sangria is a premium crafted sangria imported from Spain. Its flavor is light-bodied, fruity and refreshing, offering the best blend of Spanish ingredients. The product is filled and packed in a unique eco-friendly biodegradable catocan, allowing Pulpoloco to extend the shelf life of the sangria without the use of preservatives.
The global beverage industry was valued at $1.5 trillion in 2018 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 3.1%, reaching a market size of $1.9 trillion by 2024 (https://nnw.fm/w1Cx9). The push for non-alcoholic beverages that are healthier and contain zero sugar is expected to be a driving force in the forecast period and beyond.
With a seasoned management team and sufficient capital to fuel sustained growth, Splash is uniquely positioned to capitalize on this market growth. The company is currently preparing a secondary offering and has engaged Kingswood Capital Markets as lead underwriter in order to uplist to the Nasdaq or NYSE in the near future.
Robert Nistico is the Chairman and CEO of Splash Beverage Group. He has 28 years of experience in the beverage industry and was the fifth employee and SVP/General Manager of Red Bull North America. In this role, he led the start-up from zero sales to $1.65 billion in annual sales. Mr. Nistico was a founder and President of Marley Beverages and was responsible for framing the company’s long-term vision. Mr. Nistico held executive positions at DIAGEO, Republic National Distributing Company and the Gallo Wine Company resulting in decades of successful experience in the ‘Three Tier Beverage System’. In the spirit of his true entrepreneurial nature, he is a motivated, results-driven, creative and passionate leader.
William Meissner is the company’s President and CMO. He boasts over 20 years of success in growing consumer brand companies with large and medium-sized entrepreneurial organizations, both locally and internationally. His résumé includes multiple CEO roles, leading efforts to revamp both healthy and distressed companies. Before joining Splash, Mr. Meissner was the President and CEO of Sweet Leaf and Tradewinds Tea. He has held multiple positions with leading companies in the beverage sector, including Sparkling Ice, Jones Soda, SoBe Beverages, Fuze & NOS (Coca-Cola) and many others.
Sanjeev Javia is the Vice President of Product Development for Splash. He is the founder and President of Javia Wellness Group, a firm focusing on the innovation, research, formulation and design of healthy exercise and wellness initiatives. Mr. Javia is a sports nutrition expert, allowing him the advantage of developing innovative functional beverages that include health benefits for consumers. Since 2000, he has advised and written nutritional plans for hundreds of the world’s most famous athletes, including Tom Brady, Kurt Warner, Curt Schilling and more.
Dean Huge is the company’s Chief Financial Officer. He brings 35 years of public and private sector accounting and finance experience to the Splash Beverage team. Mr. Huge has led four public offerings as CFO and guided the growth efforts of numerous companies, including Catalyst Energy Corp., which was named Inc. Magazine’s ‘Fastest Growing Company’ within 36 months of his joining. His expertise spans financial services, manufacturing, distribution and SAAS-type programs.
Aida Aragon is the company’s Senior Vice President of National Accounts. She is a sales, marketing and brand management executive with years of experience working in the sports supplement and beverage industry. In her previous positions, Ms. Aragon was vital in leading successful store rollouts for brands including Muscle Milk. Her passion for brand development comes as second nature, but her true passion has always been focused on increasing sales for brands in the sports nutrition industry.