RYU Apparel Inc (TSX.V: RYU) (OTC: RYPPF) (FRA: RYA)
Engineered for the fitness, performance and lifestyle of the athletically-minded, RYU Apparel Inc. (DBA RYU \ Respect Your Universe) (TSX.V: RYU) (OTC: RYPPF) (FRA: RYA) develops, markets and distributes apparel, bags and accessories for active people living their lives with integrity. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, with with four stores located in Greater Vancouver Area, British Columbia and one in Toronto, RYU opened its first U.S.-based store at the iconic Abbot Kinney Boulevard in Venice California, on August 2, 2018. Additional retail locations are slated to open soon in Etokicoke, Ontario, Canada; Brooklyn, New York; and Newport Beach, California, with plans to establish nearly two dozen more store locations by the end of 2022.
Respect Your Universe's award-winning brand celebrates, encourages and respects an individual's choices and journey in life, promoting a fitness lifestyle culture. Innovatively designed without compromise and tailored for fit, comfort and durability, RYU exists to facilitate human performance. RYU's urban athletic apparel and accessories product line has been featured by some of the most influential fitness and outdoor lifestyle publications and social media connectors.
The company recently was honored in Madrid, Spain, as a 2018 Finalist in the World Retail Awards in the categories of "Retail Start Up of the Year" and "Social Media Campaign of the Year," (#RYUOneMoreRep). RYU is one of only two Canadian companies that qualified as finalists among many global retailers across all categories of the World Retail Awards annual event. The World Retail Awards have been recognizing the very best retailers and retail initiatives across a range of categories since 2007.
Marcello Leone, CEO of RYU, said the company's inclusion in the prestigious lineup of finalists was gratifying, stating, "Being chosen by the World Retail Awards is a fantastic accolade. We are proud to be among a group of global peers that are considered to become the next generation of iconic brands. #RYUOneMoreRep Media Campaign is also another confirmation of the social aspect that permeates our brand and the impact we are having in our community."
In addition to its retail locations, RYU generates sales through its e-commerce platform and has developed strategic relationships with companies such as Global-E, Netamorphosis, Fancy and the NHL Vancouver Canucks to expand its reach. RYU is also building connections with influential leaders and social media influencers who represent the company's values of aliveness, bold expression, curiosity, discipline and respect. Under RYU's Connector Program, each leader actively engages in community charities, volunteer efforts and participates in charity programs. Among the famous personalities and community leaders connecting with the RYU brand are:
- Alexandra Ianculescu, a Canadian National Team Olympic Speed Skater
- Ben Carr, professional trainer
- Tori Katongo, personal trainer, singer, actor, dancer
- Simon "Thor" Damborg, head coach at Raincity Athletics
- Cassie Hawrysh, a Canadian National Team Skeleton Racer
- Dai Manuel, lifestyle mentor and author of "The WholeLife Manifesto"
Company CEO Leon is the founder of Naturo Group Investment Inc., a company that sells nutritional beverages, and also is the former VP of operations and president of LEONE, an independent high fashion specialty store in Vancouver, Canada. Chief Financial Officer Pedro Villa is a certified CPA who has held several senior positions in various North American companies. Brett Pawson, senior VP of retail and operations, has more than 15 years of experience in sales and operations in the wellness, consumer goods and retail sectors.
RYU's strategic focus is on becoming a global leader as a fitness and training apparel and accessories brand for athletes in multiple disciplines. RYU's goal is to facilitate human performance by honoring and celebrating the extraordinary oneness of humanity by respecting each other's differences – Respect Your Universe.
- Global sportswear/athletic apparel industry expected to generate USD$174 billion in 2018 with a projected USD$221 billion by 2024, according to Statista (http://nnw.fm/Abv1f)
- Innovative blend of fitness and fashion sets RYU brands apart in the worldwide rapid adoption of athleisure and sportswear
- RYU apparel is engineered for use by multi-discipline athletes with moisture wicking technology that caters to a versatile, urban environment
- Strategic presence on social networking sites is increasing traffic to RYU's website and ecommerce portals
- RYU management team has more than 60 years of retail athletic apparel industry experience